School Holiday Barista Program - N/A
cost per person
Exclusive to the holiday season, the Special Edition Course is designed exclusively for high-school students .
Exclusive to the holiday season, the Special Edition Course is designed exclusively for high-school students who are seeking a job in the Hospitality industry / or keen to find work in Cafe alongside their studies.
This tailored 6 hour Barista Workshop combines our Beginner's Coffee Fundamentals and our Advanced Barista Course enabling students to learn and develop the skills, confidence and finesse required to make cafe quality coffee.
Part One: [9.00am - 12.00pm]
In Part one of our workshop you will cover the fundamental concepts required to make cafe quality coffee. Using a commercial grade coffee machine, you'll learn the secrets both in [practical and theory] behind the following:
- The rich international history of coffee
- How coffee is grown and harvested
- The sophisticated roasting process
- The characteristics of different coffee beans
- Dosing and tamping
- Pouring the perfect espresso shot
- The art of milk texturing
- Creating specialty drinks on a cafe menu
- Maintaining a professional coffee machine
- What to look for when purchasing beans
Lunch break: [30mins]
Part Two: [12.30pm - 3.00pm]
Part 2 of the workshop is very hands-on, challenging you to increase your coffee making skills so you can excel to creating multiple, high quality coffees in a busy cafe environment. You'll gain experience, speed and confidence to give you the ultimate edge. Your will learn the following:
- How to produce the perfect espresso pour by adjusting the grinder settings between fine and course as well as the amount dosed.
- Hone the techniques required for producing a consistent milk texture at the correct temperature
- How to manage multiple coffee orders to ensure a smooth service flow
- Learn the technique of splitting the milk to ensure the correct foam ratio is shared between multiple coffees
- Work space management tips and workflow
Price: $240 per personCourse Duration:
6 hours: with a special duration time, our School Holiday Program will run from 9:00am - 3:00pm and includes a light morning tea from our affiliated Cafe, Jessie's Cafe.
Certificates + Class Notes:
Each participant will receive a certificate of completion and 2x detailed workbooks for each course.
We require a minimum of 4 participants to run the course. We take a maximum of 9 participants.
Extension Courses with Barista School Perth:
Latte Art Workshop
choose your schedule
bundle booking available
Bring a friend
Bring a friend or friends to our beginners Coffee Fundamental class and receive $10 off each
Book our Coffee Fundamentals and Advanced workshop and save $50.00.Add this Bundle
Others: Certificate of Completion signed by barista trainer, unlimited milk & coffee & workshop notes.